OEM configuration login

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LeanoraOnlySon
Level 1
Level 1

OEM configuration login

Post by LeanoraOnlySon »

Good day,
I have an issue with logging in. When I turned my computer on I would get access. Now it asks for login information I didn't create. May I please get help to login to my computer? What do I need to do? Thanks! Your help is appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: OEM configuration login

Post by mikeflan »

Now it asks for login information
So is it asking for a password?

I wonder if the OS partition is full? The way to tell is live boot your installation media, and type this in a terminal:

Code: Select all

df -Th
If the OS partition is full you will need to delete something. See if you can start Timeshift in the live boot and delete a few snapshots.
LeanoraOnlySon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LeanoraOnlySon »

I wonder if the OS partition is full? The way to tell is live boot your installation media, and type this in a terminal:
CODE: SELECT ALL

df -Th
If the OS partition is full you will need to delete something. See if you can start Timeshift in the live boot and delete a few snapshots.
Thanks! I found out it had to do with how much space was left on the hard drive. I never was able to figure out how to get to the terminal and enter the code you suggested though. How do you get to the terminal?
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

When I say this:
live boot your installation media
I mean you need to insert the installation media (USB or DVD) and boot your computer to it. Sometimes you have to go into the bio to get that done. When Linux Mint comes up, start the terminal by clicking on LM in the lower left - type "term", and select terminal.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

LeanoraOnlySon wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:52 am I never was able to figure out how to get to the terminal and enter the code you suggested though. How do you get to the terminal?
this is where we do need to know, just which Desktop version, that you are using:
- - it should the the Black Icon that is on the Taskbar - -
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
LeanoraOnlySon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LeanoraOnlySon »

I currently operate Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon. I still haven't figured out how to get to the terminal from Bootable USB. I was able to go to the compatibility mode and find out what was causing so much space. I just can't remove it. Any suggestions?
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

I still haven't figured out how to get to the terminal from Bootable USB.
hold down the control and alt and t keys ........ all together .........
I was able to go to the compatibility mode and find out what was causing so much space. I just can't remove it. Any suggestions?
Any suggestions?
give us the information you seem to hold:
I was able to go to the compatibility mode and find out what was causing so much space.
LeanoraOnlySon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LeanoraOnlySon »

give us the information you seem to hold:
When I used disk manager my backup files on my hard drive is taking up the space. They are old files. I have newer backups on my external drive. I just need to delete those files.

Return to “Beginner Questions”