Do i need to buy graphic card?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Do i need to buy graphic card?

Post by rene »

gittiest personITW wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:13 pm In fact, the bigger the useage, the more likely we are to see hardware manufacturers taking MORE of an interest in non-MS systems.
I say no since these new "gamer" users won't stay with Linux but will loudly proclaim your mentioned 140 FPS to be an utter disgrace as compared to Windows' far superior 141 and will go back never to look at "that Linux crap" again.
gittiest personITW
Level 12
Level 12

Post by gittiest personITW »

rene wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:55 pm
gittiest personITW wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:13 pm In fact, the bigger the useage, the more likely we are to see hardware manufacturers taking MORE of an interest in non-MS systems.
I say no since these new "gamer" users won't stay with Linux but will loudly proclaim your mentioned 140 FPS to be an utter disgrace as compared to Windows' far superior 141 and will go back never to look at "that Linux crap" again.
Yeah - I can see that also is a possible outcome...... Maybe recommend Arch to them?
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Definitely. Or Windows...
kevin987
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kevin987 »

Alice, you are taking on too many issues at one time.

Just concentrate first on burning the Linux Mint iso to a USB flash drive so you can test it before installing.

Rufus is a good program to use with Windows to make the image bootable (the iso file).

I would go with Cinnamon for the desktop.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon)
Linux Mint 19.3 (Cinnamon)
Bodhi Linux 6.0 (MokshaArcGreen)
Fedora 35 (Cinnamon)

Return to “Beginner Questions”