end kernel panic-not syncing

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
saro
Level 1
Level 1

end kernel panic-not syncing

Post by saro »

Hello! I am new to linux mint. Now I am facing a big problem and all my works stopped due to that. my hard is encrypted and I didn't shut down my laptop for several days and many pdfs and tabs were open, all of sudden my laptop crashed, first showed an error as ==AUTHENTICATION FAILED=== and stopped working. after rebooting , it shows error as: " ACPI BIOS ERROR(bug) ", " aborting error" or " BusyBox v1.30.1(Ubuntu 1:1.30.1-4ubuntu6.3" and when in (initramfs) executed exit command, it shows error as: "mount: mounting/sys on/root sys failed : No such file or directory" and "end kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init!.. I searched for the same problem, it seems it happened to many others but I saw with fsck command for some people problem has solved but it didn't work for me, I look at my partitions by a live usb, but I couldn't do anything helpful and problem remains as such. I am wondering if any one has suggestion to solve or at least to recover my data since I am a student and put a lot of effort to collect a library in my laptop. I will appreciate any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
djcaptpln880
Level 3
Level 3

Re: end kernel panic-not syncing

Post by djcaptpln880 »

If it was encrypted it sounds like a real pain!

have you tried connecting the HDD to another computer via USB cable or something and reading it that way? It may ask for a passwordto access the encrypted data!

Return to “Beginner Questions”