screen shots [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
whispers
Level 3
Level 3

screen shots [SOLVED]

Post by whispers »

where are they saved and what format .

Thanks for any help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM 21.3 Cinnamon - Lenovo ideapad 320-15AST - AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4 DUAL CORE - STONEY RADEON GRAPHICS - KERNEL 6.5.0-14-generic - MEM 16GB .
decrepit
Level 5
Level 5

Re: screen shots

Post by decrepit »

When I do it, I get a dialogue box asking what to do, copy to clipboard, or save as. The default is set to png and Desktop, but I can change that to anything I want. But I'm using Una Mate. if you are using something else, then you need to say, so we have a better idea of your problem
kevin987
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kevin987 »

whispers wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:18 am where are they saved and what format .

Thanks for any help
Try looking in /usr/share/backgrounds/

There could be 2 or 3 folders in there.

They are jpg.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon)
Linux Mint 19.3 (Cinnamon)
Bodhi Linux 6.0 (MokshaArcGreen)
Fedora 35 (Cinnamon)
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

kevin987 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:34 am Try looking in /usr/share/backgrounds/

There could be 2 or 3 folders in there.

They are jpg.
Mmm, that were the stock backgrounds / wallpapers are installed.

To the OP - you signature is correct you are using Cinnamon so if using the stock Gnome-Screenshots you should be presented with a dialog on taking a screenshot that includes the current path and allowing you to change it. If you use keyboard shortcuts it defaults to ~/Pictures. If you use the app from the menu it remembers the last save location.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Jo-con-Ël
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Jo-con-Ël »

...and if you use another tool (application or applet), look for screenshots inside your /home/user folder (ls ~/). In that case you'd better tell us which is that tool or try to change its default settings, if it is possible, by yourself.
Arrieritos semos y en el camino nos encontraremos.
whispers
Level 3
Level 3

Re: screen shots [SOLVED]

Post by whispers »

THANK YOU ALL. found them where u said .
LM 21.3 Cinnamon - Lenovo ideapad 320-15AST - AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4 DUAL CORE - STONEY RADEON GRAPHICS - KERNEL 6.5.0-14-generic - MEM 16GB .

Return to “Beginner Questions”