[SOLVED] Most network drives not working LM20.3 Cin

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Portisheadradio
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] Most network drives not working LM20.3 Cin

Post by Portisheadradio »

Have used LM18.3 for years with no problems accessing network drives thru the file manager (gnome?).
Each share showed up twice but they all opened up when selected.

I recently installed LM20.3 on a Acer Aspire 1 but cannot mount the network shares. Please see screenshots.
The first two are the same readyshare usb drive on the router and the first gives an unable to mount error as do the WDTV folder and the windows folder. The second readyshare folder appears to open but opens blank.
Thinking back to LM18 the left hand panel under the networking heading showed the network share devices whereas on LM20 it is blank.

Networking seems to be ok otherwise and both my network printers came up with no issues.

I see a lot of posts about this or similar problems many of them not solved and the ones marked solved too techie for me to understand.

I wonder if someone could point me to an answer that might work for me as I feel being able to move stuff around over a network is pretty much essential.
Attachments
unable to mount.png
network shares.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Most network drives not working LM20.3 Cin

Post by altair4 »

Samba and Mint20: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=322404
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Portisheadradio
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks but that's way past my skill level.
The only thing I really miss connecting to is the WD Live media player. Is there any IP method to connect to it from this LM laptop? Having a hard time understanding how I can control a printer over the lan but cant send a file to a pretty dumb media player.
Bit disappointed that something so basic that worked seamlessly in LM18 doesn't work with 20.
I do appreciate you trying to help though.
Portisheadradio
Level 2
Level 2

Closing this topic as I have asked a similar question on the networking section.
See viewtopic.php?f=52&t=366235

Return to “Beginner Questions”