Jittery Touchpad arrow

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mmm
Level 4
Level 4

Jittery Touchpad arrow

Post by mmm »

I installed 20.3 on laptop HP Pavilion g6 2012 4GB RAM (2012).
Wi-Fi range was only a few yards and so I installed LMDE4 and WI-FI range is OK.

For both 20.3 and LMDE4 the Touchpad is so jittery that it's difficult to use.
On both I tried Synaptics driver but the problem persisted.
Mouse was OK but defeats the point of using a laptop.

I found old threads, which I struggled to understand, and which might not apply to the current versions of MINT.

Any help you can give will be very welcome.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DJ55
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Jittery Touchpad arrow

Post by DJ55 »

In the Mouse and Touchpad settings you can set custom acceleration and sensitivity for your touchpad; see if those settings help at all. If not, please reply with the results of the command in a terminal inxi -Fxxxrz. Paste the results here using the </> button (makes it easier to read).
-Dave
LM 21.1 Cinnamon on Dell XPS-15 9570

Return to “Beginner Questions”