Battery icon does not change with icon theme change

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lmluis1980
Level 1
Level 1

Battery icon does not change with icon theme change

Post by lmluis1980 »

hello everyone,

i have been using linux mint since 19.0 now and have had very good experience with it coming from windows xp/7. easy transition. i like to use faenza/obsidian icon theme with my installation. everysince, lm xfce 20.2 and now 20.3 the battery icon does not change with any icon theme change. it is always stuck with the grey icon from stock. is this something that can be easily resolved by editing something? please let me know. thank you.

running LM Xfce 20.3
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Battery icon does not change with icon theme change

Post by SMG »

Please see this topic Easy upgrade, but where are my good tray icons? for why the battery icon does not change.

I didn't see any specific topics about changing icons in Xfce, but maybe something in this topic for MATE System tray icons don't follow the theme settings? may give you some ideas.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Reddog1
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Battery icon does not change with icon theme change

Post by Reddog1 »

With the advent of Mint 20 the 'right side icons' became what they are--they aren't part of any theme. If I recall, this had something to do with the new Window Manager (and maybe the 'new' Xfce). There isn't a way to change them, that i've found. This isn't specific to Mint--other distributions behave the same way.

Return to “Beginner Questions”