Solved -FDM on linux Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Avgtux
Level 1
Level 1

Solved -FDM on linux Mint

Post by Avgtux »

Hello,

Newbie, I have installed free download manager (flatpak) and the extension however FDM is missing from the browser's context menu using both firefox and chrome. Is there a fix?

I did not find an existing topic. Moved from windows to linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikaelrask
Level 5
Level 5

Re: FDM on linux Mint

Post by mikaelrask »

hey and welcome to the forum and linux mint, what extension have you downloaded/installed? flatpak is already supported in linux mint and it is what linux mint uses as filetype when it install programs.
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900
Graphic Card: AMD ATI Radeon RX 7900 XT/7900 XTX/7900M
Ram 32 GB ddr 5
Kernel: 6.5.0-14 generic
LM Cinnamon 21.3 edge
Avgtux
Level 1
Level 1

Re: FDM on linux Mint (resolved)

Post by Avgtux »

ikaelrask wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:20 am hey and welcome to the forum and linux mint, what extension have you downloaded/installed? flatpak is already supportentall in linux mint and it is what linux mint uses as filetype when it install programs.
Fixed. Flatpak is not supported by the browser extension so i had to install the deb package in order to work correctly.
Nikolai5
Level 4
Level 4

Re: FDM on linux Mint (resolved)

Post by Nikolai5 »

Avgtux wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:14 pm
ikaelrask wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:20 am hey and welcome to the forum and linux mint, what extension have you downloaded/installed? flatpak is already supportentall in linux mint and it is what linux mint uses as filetype when it install programs.
Fixed. Flatpak is not supported by the browser extension so i had to install the deb package in order to work correctly.
As much as people rave about flatpak, you can have all kinds of weird issues. I'd recommend it only for applications that don't need to interact with anything else on your system.
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Re: FDM on linux Mint

Post by motoryzen »

Hey Avgtux. Happy to read you were able to resolve the issue. If you don't mind, please edit your original /first post on this topic 's subject line with ( Solved) at the beginning or end of it so others will be able to see you no longer require help about it. I see where your put (resolved) on another reply, but it doesn't auto add it to the title topic.

Cheers to ya :D
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor

Return to “Beginner Questions”