xreader or printer issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wwfwng
Level 3
Level 3

xreader or printer issue

Post by wwfwng »

Hello. I recently installed Mint 21 Mate. I had been running 19.3 Mate. When I print ps files from xreader in Mint 21, a blank page is printed. I do not have this issue printing from Atril in Mint 21 or from xreader in Mint 19.3. I suspect that this is bug. Any thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: xreader or printer issue

Post by Cosmo. »

Does this happen only with ps files?
If you try to print, what does the print preview show?
wwfwng
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wwfwng »

It only happens with ps files as far as I know. This is a new install and I have only had it a week. The previewer also shows a blank page.
robert.zuccherato
Level 1
Level 1

Post by robert.zuccherato »

I have the exact same problem printing PS documents with a recently upgraded Mint 21 Cinnamon. I have also noticed that since upgrading, when printing PDF documents using xreader the documents appear slightly blurry and sometimes the top of the page is cut off. When I print the same PDF document using Okular they appear perfect, so it isn't a problem with the printer. I didn't have any of these problems on Mint 20.3.

Return to “Beginner Questions”