Linux Mint 21 on Intel Tablets

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Material_Olive_2022
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 21 on Intel Tablets

Post by Material_Olive_2022 »

I am thinking of purchasing an intel tablet (Core i3 or possibly i5) but would like to know if LM21 would be functional on it particularly with regards to touchscreen capability. Has anyone tried using LM21 on a tablet? How was the experience?
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Linux Mint 21 on Intel Tablets

Post by mikeflan »

Howdy. This is a bit dated:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=204327
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint 21 on Intel Tablets

Post by Hoser Rob »

I'd say it's very iffy. Not just Mint, in Linux in general (there's not as much difference between distros as many seem to think).

The best way I find for something like this is to take a specific make/model your're looking at and to search "ubunu <Ubuntu version your Mint is based on> <make/model>". Mint's based on Ubuntu (except for LMDE) and their user base and docs resources are both much bigger.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Beginner Questions”