Viber menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UbuntuProUser
Level 1
Level 1

Viber menu

Post by UbuntuProUser »

Hello. I have installed viber on Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon. Everything works, but if you right-click on the viber icon in the tray, then just an empty rectangle is shown. Is it possible to make a context menu appear where I can, for example, close Viber?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
SlavaQA
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Viber menu

Post by SlavaQA »

Hello here. Same case. If some/any additional information can be provided, please suggest.
Viber is installed as appimage from official web-site, and "yes, there is an empty context menu" for tray icon
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MiZoG »

I've installed the .deb package ("Viber for Ubuntu") and it apparently works fine. Right click on the tray icon presents two options: Open Viber & Exit.
SlavaQA
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SlavaQA »

MiZoG wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:34 pm I've installed the .deb package ("Viber for Ubuntu") and it apparently works fine. Right click on the tray icon presents two options: Open Viber & Exit.
Hi @MiZoG, did you mention this one? (As I expect, this should be official one, from official CDN https://download.cdn.viber.com/cdn/desk ... /viber.deb)
I had tried it as well - but with the same result...
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

What desktop theme are you guys with blank popup menus using? Have you installed anything other than Mint-X or Mint-Y?

Same question for icon themes. Please answer both
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MiZoG »

Tray icon behaves properly both on Cinnamon 5.4.10 (LMDE5) & 5.2.7 (LM20.3).
Default Mint-Y theme in both cases but the vanilla default tray icon is used anyway.
Same version of Viber: 16.1.0.37.
iesaridakis
Level 1
Level 1

Post by iesaridakis »

In previous versions of Viber, it is OK. The problem is with the current version (18.2.0.2). The only way to end the application is by killing the process (xkill or End Process in System Monitor). Same in all my three LM (Cinnamon) machines.
Last edited by iesaridakis on Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
cptX
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cptX »

In Linux Mint 21 and Viber 18.2.0.2 installed with .deb package I have the same problem. No right click menu, only empty rectangle.
SlavaQA
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SlavaQA »

antikythera wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:34 pm What desktop theme are you guys with blank popup menus using? Have you installed anything other than Mint-X or Mint-Y?

Same question for icon themes. Please answer both
Hi, for me - "last official flagman" Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon - "modern" panel layout with default colors (just basic beginners setup without "something special").

Btw, the same "empty" menu for JetBrains Toolbox "right mouse button" menu. Left (with the list of possible applications) "works as expected"
SuperSonic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SuperSonic »

I have same problem with viber menu. Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon. Tried different themes and icons but no luck.
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon x64 EFI. AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16Gb RAM, GeForce GTX 1650.
eev200
Level 1
Level 1

Post by eev200 »

I had the same problem. This can be resolved by launching viber with the following command

Code: Select all

env QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE="" dbus-launch ./viber.AppImage
I am using the appimage version.
MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MiZoG »

eev200 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:04 am I had the same problem. This can be resolved by launching viber with the following command

Code: Select all

env QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE="" dbus-launch ./viber.AppImage

I am using the appimage version.
TY for the tip, eev200!
Viber is frustratingly popular where I live.
sip
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sip »

Hi friends. My personal experience of using viber since LM 20 and Debian 10 and up to today LM 21.1 and Debian 11.2 is simple - these are constant errors of the assembled viber.deb package. LM has a good program that identifies system errors that I sent to the viber developers.
Choose something else.. :D
Man is created for happiness, like a bird for flight, so do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today.

Return to “Software & Applications”