Error message hard drive needs cleaning? (SOLVED)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FUBAR
Level 3
Level 3

Error message hard drive needs cleaning? (SOLVED)

Post by FUBAR »

I recently added a DAS to my system. Mobius Pro 2C. This error pops up and I don't
error formatting.png
understand what to do with it, fix it?
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikaelrask
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Error message hard drive needs cleaning?

Post by mikaelrask »

hey i quick google search gave me this answer https://askubuntu.com/questions/1408643 ... -ownership. no expert but you could live boot from the Linux mint usb installation media and from the driver manger in the start menu, select and delete the filesystem on that device and boot back to normal mode again and see if that could solve it. if that should not work you might need to replace it.
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900
Graphic Card: AMD ATI Radeon RX 7900 XT/7900 XTX/7900M
Ram 32 GB ddr 5
Kernel: 6.5.0-14 generic
LM Cinnamon 21.3 edge
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Format to ext4 and see .
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
FUBAR
Level 3
Level 3

Post by FUBAR »

:lol: :lol: Thanks, I seemed to have fixed it though not sure how.... :oops:

Return to “Beginner Questions”