[SOLVED} If your Ereader (or other usb device ? perhaps) suddenly is behaving as READ ONLY then...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [SOLVED} If your Ereader (or other usb device ? perhaps) suddenly is behaving as READ ONLY then...

Post by rene »

nick_nick wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:09 am I wanted to change my etc/fstab to correct another problem, so I took a Timeshift snapshot before. Then I decided that before changing my etc/fstab I could try to restore a previous Timeshift snapshot from 1 month ago in case it restored the correct etc/fstab.
Dude, it's a trivial text configuration file: you should've just deleted that single line referring to the USB-device and be done with it; I wouldn't have advised it if it were in any sense even potentially an issue :)

Yes, no, no idea now what happened to your LibreOffice and/or now Timeshift. Try and launch it from a command-line to potentially see error messages:

Code: Select all

timeshift-launcher

Return to “Beginner Questions”