Wired audio devices dissconnect for less than a second

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MR bread
Level 1
Level 1

Wired audio devices dissconnect for less than a second

Post by MR bread »

I installed Linux Mint on my fairly old 2014 gaming PC for work.
When i program, i like to listen to music in the background.

After i finished installing Linux Mint, i installed Spotify, and started listening to music.
In the first 2 minutes of listening, i realized that my audio is cutting...
I use wired headphones.... more specifically: i use the Sony WH-1000xm4 in auxiliary mode straight into the front of my PC case.

Going into Linux Mint's sound settings, when the audio cuts, i can see that the option to select my headphones as the output disappears... it seems that they disconnect or something.

This is not a problem with my computer, since this does not happen with windows.

TL,DR:
Audio cuts. when it does, the option to select my headphones as the audio output source disappears.
headphones used: Sony WH-1000xm4
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”