Computer shut down during addition of files to archive

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Anaxis
Level 2
Level 2

Computer shut down during addition of files to archive

Post by Anaxis » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm using an ext4 file system, and I was adding files to an archive when the laptop shut down (dead battery). Now, upon reboot, the archive is gone. The files I was adding are still there, but the archive was a pre-existing archive with nearly four GB of information, and I was simply adding a folder into it.

Any idea of where that previous archive went, or is it gone forever?
"People should better think of their computing devices as facilities lended by the DHS." -Berke Durak, Linux wipe (secure file deletion) development.

Anaxis
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Computer shut down during addition of files to archive

Post by Anaxis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 am

Bumping.
"People should better think of their computing devices as facilities lended by the DHS." -Berke Durak, Linux wipe (secure file deletion) development.

Anaxis
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Computer shut down during addition of files to archive

Post by Anaxis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:12 am

Still no progress on this one...Any ideas?

Return to “Newbie Questions”