Linux Mint 8 menu bar[SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
crouton351

Linux Mint 8 menu bar[SOLVED]

Post by crouton351 »

Hi! Noob here. So, I installed the Gnome Do docky, and I wanted to move (or just customize) my menu bar. I do not know how to do this. Could someone please explain how to do it? Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Craig_Dem

Re: Linux Mint 8 menu bar

Post by Craig_Dem »

Hello,

In Linux, the "Menu Bar" is known as the "Panel". In GNOME this can be easily customised by right-clinking on a clear area of the panel and selecting properties.

Here I have the panel on the left, it will also he hidden as I use the AWN dock.

You can then move the bar around the screen and set it to be hidden or change its colour.

If you are using a dock I would recommend you either set the panel to auto-hide at the bottom of the screen or move the bar to another edge of the screen.
crouton351

Re: Linux Mint 8 menu bar

Post by crouton351 »

Thank you very much! I just edited it, it looks much better.

Return to “Beginner Questions”