Really annoyed about space and partitions

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintuser

Really annoyed about space and partitions

Post by mintuser »

Ok i have linux mint 8 installed on a 8gb flash drive. and whenever i try to install or download or save something it says that there is no more space. So i hit examine and it tells me there is 5gb free. This happens whenever i try to download or something to desktop, or home folder. And its really annoying. can you help me use those missing 5 gb before i go insane?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mintuser

Re: Really annoyed about space and partitions

Post by mintuser »

Finally was able to save a screenshot
mintuser

Post by mintuser »

So is there an actual way to fix this problem? install a different distro on the usb? or?
feed3
Level 4
Level 4

Post by feed3 »

Installing or creating live usb using Lili's? Maybe you should resize the casper-rw file to be bigger (google it, tools such as toporesize)

Return to “Beginner Questions”