Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
cjz0r
Level 1
Level 1

Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

Post by cjz0r » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:30 am

I've just started using Mint on my laptop and would like to configure my TV as a second display, but as a mirror of my main screen.

The issue is that they are very different resolutions, is there a way to change my laptop screen resolution to the same as the TV?

I used to use Windows 7 and it would show normal resolution on my laptop and the same resolution on the TV, so it had parts off the screen, however when i closed the lid on my laptop it would change automatically to the TV's correct resolution, is there any way to do this with Mint?

Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

Post by Husse » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome
Please read the simple rules
in the link in the red box on top of the page
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it

COKEDUDE
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

Post by COKEDUDE » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:05 am

cjz0r wrote:I've just started using Mint on my laptop and would like to configure my TV as a second display, but as a mirror of my main screen.

The issue is that they are very different resolutions, is there a way to change my laptop screen resolution to the same as the TV?

I used to use Windows 7 and it would show normal resolution on my laptop and the same resolution on the TV, so it had parts off the screen, however when i closed the lid on my laptop it would change automatically to the TV's correct resolution, is there any way to do this with Mint?
This should help.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolu ... %20monitor

Return to “Newbie Questions”