Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cjz0r

Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

Post by cjz0r »

I've just started using Mint on my laptop and would like to configure my TV as a second display, but as a mirror of my main screen.

The issue is that they are very different resolutions, is there a way to change my laptop screen resolution to the same as the TV?

I used to use Windows 7 and it would show normal resolution on my laptop and the same resolution on the TV, so it had parts off the screen, however when i closed the lid on my laptop it would change automatically to the TV's correct resolution, is there any way to do this with Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

Post by Husse »

Welcome
Please read the simple rules
in the link in the red box on top of the page
COKEDUDE

Re: Laptop / TV dual screen mirroring

Post by COKEDUDE »

cjz0r wrote:I've just started using Mint on my laptop and would like to configure my TV as a second display, but as a mirror of my main screen.

The issue is that they are very different resolutions, is there a way to change my laptop screen resolution to the same as the TV?

I used to use Windows 7 and it would show normal resolution on my laptop and the same resolution on the TV, so it had parts off the screen, however when i closed the lid on my laptop it would change automatically to the TV's correct resolution, is there any way to do this with Mint?
This should help.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Config/Resolu ... %20monitor

Return to “Beginner Questions”