Lag & multicolored lines -

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
toomanyquestions
Level 2
Level 2

Lag & multicolored lines -

Post by toomanyquestions » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 pm

I have a two hd dual boot system (512). I recently re-loaded Mint (there was a Windows problem :( ).

Since then, as I open the mint menu (sub menus, the firefox, open office etc. ), there's often an ever-so-slight lag, accompanied by a flash of multi-colored lines. What could be the problem? Was my reload compromised / not clean?

Oh, a secondary question - Mousepad is automatically opened (& minimized!) when I start each session...how can I stop that from happening?

*Problem solved: A fresh install fixed the problem...
Last edited by toomanyquestions on Sat May 15, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Lag & multicolored lines -

Post by remoulder » Sat May 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Need more info sorry, such as which graphics card and driver is in use, what version of mint. Please refer to forum rules link in the Red bar at the top.

Last bumped by toomanyquestions on Sat May 15, 2010 3:10 pm.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Newbie Questions”