My linux mint 7 Can't boot

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jaganzales

My linux mint 7 Can't boot

Post by jaganzales »

Hi guys

Recently I installed linux mint 7 on my laptop with dual boot with vista but since yesterday, I can't boot in linux, but vista is booting successfully. There is a message that appears when bootings fails:
mount: mounting /dev/sda5 on /root failed : invalid argument
mount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed : no such file or directory
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed : no such file or directory
mount: mounting /proc on /root/proc failed : no such file or directory
Target filesystem doesn't have /sbin/init/
No init found. Try passing init=bootary

Can someone tell me what to do in that case???? I have many important files in my linux partition, please help!!! thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: My linux mint 7 Can't boot

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello jaganzales,
Welcome to Mint Forum,
Your question will be noticed by someone in "Installation and Boot" who knows a lot about dual-booting with Vista,they will be able to help you.
I can see you're really new to this,but in future please don't cross-post(ask the same question in two sub-forums)
Thanks
Forum Moderator

Return to “Beginner Questions”