dont quit

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
waltermmckown
Level 1
Level 1

dont quit

Post by waltermmckown »

after starting and quiting linux products a dozen times, I, a basic dolt, have got MINT(gloria) to work! I be soooo happy! linux is simply not for some folks, but, keep working at it. sadly, for me it took a couple of years! no, it's not windows, but you CAN use it to do almost anything. it's just different. to think I can install an OS on my desktop for nickels and dimes and go on-line etc and play Saurbraton(?) is simply awesome! yes, my windows games are screwed, but, my system is functional, very pretty and damn near free. in the past I wrote and howled about linux in general and for that I apologize. to those ready to scream and quit, I understand. I did, but in the back room I kept a system (P4@2.8) with some form of linux.(the system I use to write this) . one sunny day I found it was not impossible to use. in fact, it seems more and more pleasing. I can see light at the end of some kind of tunnel. I feel a bit dazed.

RedWagon
Level 5
Level 5

Re: dont quit

Post by RedWagon »

sadly, for me it took a couple of years!... ... in the past I wrote and howled about linux in general
yeah, me too. I didn't use Linux full time until about four years after I started messing with it.
go on-line etc and play Saurbraton(?)
Also try Urban Terror, Warsow, Nexuiz and Teeworlds. Quake Live also works in Linux.

Return to “Newbie Questions”