It's the little things...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
wiab4355
Level 2
Level 2

It's the little things...

Post by wiab4355 »

... that make for a decent OS. Running LM7Gloria, I could use the Winkey (super-L?) to bring up the start menu... can't in LM8Helena so went back to Gloria. It's the little things!
Ian, an AFC Wimbledon fan (come on, you Dons)
AndrewH
Level 3
Level 3

Re: It's the little things...

Post by AndrewH »

CTRL-Super brings up the mintMenu...
wiab4355
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wiab4355 »

Can you do that with 1 finger?
beefstu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by beefstu »

I just did it myself and it works fine! Mint 8 Gnome (Main) just right-click on the Menu, click preferences, delete the <control> part of the shortcut. You have to log out to make it stick

EDIT: in fact a search for 'super key menu' would have led you to this http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... nu#p259931 on the first page!
Please go through the steps here when posting a question. Once your question has been resolved, edit the original question post and add [Solved] to the subject. Both of these will help others use the forum effectively.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

I understand the little things make a difference but surely it's a bit much to go back to Linux Mint 7 because of it, especially when Linux Mint 8 offers a great deal more in other ways.
Linux Mint 19.0 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

wiab4355 wrote:Can you do that with 1 finger?
With my eyes closed :roll:
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
wiab4355
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wiab4355 »

beefstu - I did as you suggested but the menu opens where the Menu button is (in other words as if you clicked on the button) - what I want to happen is that it opens where the mouse is, with a smaller menu (like pressing Alt-F1); Mint7 lets me do this but not Mint8

Return to “Newbie Questions”