Fuzzy screen

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Fuzzy screen

Post by jimisbell »

I did a search on this subject and found no solutions. :(

I am using LinuxMint 8 on a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop. Just installed it about 30 minutes ago. Fumbled my way into the internet connection. The screen is fuzzy so I thought maybe the refresh needed to be changed, but its fixed at 60 hz. Making the resolution coarser makes the text easier to read, but it is STILL fuzzy.

I am running Win 7 on a dual boot and under Win 7 the screen is NOT fuzzy so I know its not hardware.

Am I missing something????
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the decision.
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Fuzzy screen

Post by proxima_centauri »

Not exactly sure what you mean, perhaps you can try changing the Font rendering settings under Appearance Preferences (font tab).
jimisbell
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Fuzzy screen

Post by jimisbell »

That was partially the solution. I was able to mess around with all the settings there to improve things. BUT...what really worked was that I found out how to change the font size on Gmail. Something that has always alluded me. I usually had to reduce the resolution in order to get the Gmail font to a size that was readable. But I just found out that by pressing the control key and using the + and - keys, the gmail font can be adjusted. Then I was able to go for maximum resolution on the monitor which cleared up the fuzzies. Its taken me 5 years to find out about the control,+/- solution!!!!
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the decision.

Return to “Newbie Questions”