Selectively remove cookies? [Solved]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Selectively remove cookies? [Solved]

Post by T J Tulley »

[Using LinuxMint8 with Windows-7 on a laptop with Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz cpu, 4 GB RAM, 500GB hdd]

At present I become automatically logged in to an individual account in a website because my username and password for that account are remembered. I now need to be able to select a different account in the same website.
The site owner advises me to remove cookies: can I do this selectively for this site only? I don't want to lose all my presets.
I'm using Firefox 3.5.9.

Yours hopefully, -

Theo Tulley.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Selectively remove cookies?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Go to EDit=>Preferences=>Privacy=>Show Cookies.

Look through the list to find the cookies you want to remove.

Click on the selected cookie and click "Remove Cookie".
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Selectively remove cookies? [Solved]

Post by T J Tulley »

Thanks a lot, Aging Technologist.

Theo Tulley.

Return to “Beginner Questions”