Problem after updating Mintsystem

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
kei84
Level 3
Level 3

Problem after updating Mintsystem

Post by kei84 »

I'm using Linux Mint Isadora Main Edition and after updating Mintsystem 7.6.8 to 7.6.9 (using mint update), it start consuming to much ram.

Before the update it only used about 150 MB at boot, but now it uses about 400 MB at boot.

I tested with the latest LXDE edition and the same thing happened.

I reinstalled Isadora Main Edition and installed all the level 1 and 2 updates except Mintsystem (I locked Mintsystem), and everything is working fine for now.

Is there anyone having the same problem as me?

remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Problem after updating Mintsystem

Post by remoulder »

It seems unlikely the mintsystem update is directly causing this as in the main it is just a few script changes. If you are willing to try it again, can I suggest you do a before and after comparison using System Monitor to see where memory usage has increased? It may be something peculiar to your machine and might need a bug report if it can be pinned down and replicated.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

almsamim
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problem after updating Mintsystem

Post by almsamim »

same problem here after updating mintsystem , but my system FREEZE completely so i've removed mintsystem from my mint
http://twitter.com/grayhatgeek0/status/19904176615

Return to “Newbie Questions”