No icons after update

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
efbe
Level 1
Level 1

No icons after update

Post by efbe »

Sorry if i sound stupid here, just a beginner with Mint 9.. i downloaded Mint 9 Isadora 32 bit, burnt to cd about a month ago and kept up with the updates, all was going well and things ran perfectly, so much so, i installed it on my son's pc and also my daughters pc, all desktop pc's... any way, an update needed last week was showing so we all updated, all went well until the next boot up..on all 3 machines every icon and start menu were missing, tried rebooting and got the same result, no icons or menus just the desktop background.
So i ended up re-downloading the dvd 32 bit version and reinstalled Mint again on all 3 pc's, updated again and all seems ok now. We all love using mint but it worries me that this might happen again, i'm not exactly computer savy and it would be embarrassing if i recommended Mint to friends and the same problem occurs.
Was there something that came through with the updates last week that need rectifying ??
Cheers.
karuga
Level 3
Level 3

Re: No icons after update

Post by karuga »

Well,it happened to me one.Reinstalled again,it never went back to that again.Its usually a problem of the updates you get,and the PC you are running.Can you give the Specs for the three computers?

Return to “Newbie Questions”