New Panel Disapearing Window List

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Mint_n00b
Level 1
Level 1

New Panel Disapearing Window List

Post by Mint_n00b »

Intermittent bug, steps to reproduce:

1. LM9 comes with 1 panel by default (lets refer to it as "P1")
2. Create a new panel (lets refer to it as "P2" (giving you a total of 2 panels).
2. Set the preference of P2 to top, then bottom.
3. Now select P1 and set its preference to top then bottom (it should move P2 above it)
4. Either select the Window List from P1 and move it to P2 or delete the Window List from P1 and add a Window List to P2.

Pictured above is my layout. P1 with "Quick launch" style shortcuts below and above it a Window List to switch applications.

Issue: During the course of the day, my Window List will disappear. I can still click it, but I can't see the Window List at all.
Note: I can make the Window List reappear by repeating steps 2 & 3 mentioned above or rebooting.

Is there something I can do to keep my layout or correct this behavior?

(By the way I have been running LM9 for a few months now and I love it, thank you devs.)
thetank
Level 1
Level 1

Re: New Panel Disapearing Window List

Post by thetank »

Mint_n00b wrote:Intermittent bug, steps to reproduce:

1. LM9 comes with 1 panel by default (lets refer to it as "P1")
2. Create a new panel (lets refer to it as "P2" (giving you a total of 2 panels).
2. Set the preference of P2 to top, then bottom.
3. Now select P1 and set its preference to top then bottom (it should move P2 above it)
4. Either select the Window List from P1 and move it to P2 or delete the Window List from P1 and add a Window List to P2.

Pictured above is my layout. P1 with "Quick launch" style shortcuts below and above it a Window List to switch applications.

Issue: During the course of the day, my Window List will disappear. I can still click it, but I can't see the Window List at all.
Note: I can make the Window List reappear by repeating steps 2 & 3 mentioned above or rebooting.

Is there something I can do to keep my layout or correct this behavior?

(By the way I have been running LM9 for a few months now and I love it, thank you devs.)
I appreciate your thouroughness...
In respect, try running the panel in the terminal to diagnose.
Ubuntu to Richard Stallman
StanTheMan
Level 5
Level 5

Re: New Panel Disapearing Window List

Post by StanTheMan »

In panel added items , there are two choices for Window list , one with buttons and the other with List. I use the type with Buttons , as in this example (which is actually LMDE)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6501752/LMDE.jpeg

You can customize two panels considerably , as this example shows.

Return to “Newbie Questions”