Best way to set up Mint - two users & two languages

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Best way to set up Mint - two users & two languages

Post by gosa »

Hi All!

First of all... this might be covered somewhere already... my google-fu isn't the best and I'm not very proficient (yet) when it comes to linux terminology.
- Guess that's why I'm here in the newbie section, right?

So I've been looking around a bit for info on how to best set up a Mint installation from scratch with two user accounts that each run one language. I want to be able to have it all in English, while my gf would prefer to do it all in Spanish.

I understand that I - once I have it all set up - can choose language at the login screen, but what would be the best order to do this setup in?

I'll be installing Mint in English - that's part one. (I suppose)
What would be the next step? Do I add the next user first or how do I go about this?

Ohh.. and I'll be putting the XFCE-version of Mint 9 on it if that is important to know...

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance,
/gosa

Teucca
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Best way to set up Mint - two users & two languages

Post by Teucca »

Here is an instruction, i hope its help you http://linuxmint-fi.info/kayttajat-ja-kielet/
Linux Mint Suomi guide
MINT is an easy, logical, adaptable, inspiring, user-friendly operating system.
The changes are new opportunities
Help Site Instructions

Return to “Newbie Questions”