[SOLVED] not booting into encrypted system after upgrade

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
silver
Level 2
Level 2

[SOLVED] not booting into encrypted system after upgrade

Post by silver »

I've installed mint 10, I have to say it is the classiest mint yet. I love it.
My problem is that I did a fresh install and then a complete update including kernels.
I installed originally mint 10 as an encrypted system.
Now when I boot up, it doesn't ask for my password at the graphical login screen. I can click on my user name but it will not mount the encrypted system.
I can do ctrl + alt + f2 and login in terminal and then go back to the graphical login page and click on my user name and login on the encrypted system.
Just wondering what I can do to get it to ask for my password once again in the graphical login.
It's a pain to have to go out to terminal to login in and then back the graphical login to actually login.

I'm running a HP mini 1101 net-book.
Everything works great by the way. :) Even the broadband modem.

Thanks for the help.
Ronnie
silver
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [SOLVED] not booting into encrypted system after upgrade

Post by silver »

I resolved my issue by going into the Users and Groups menu, and then clicking on password and changing it to ask on login.
Now everything works right again.

I'm guessing that if the auto login doesn't work for an encrypted system then probably it should somehow be disabled when a person installed an encrypted system.
That may be something for the programmers to look into for future editions. :)

Thanks
Ronnie

Return to “Newbie Questions”