projector output on my msi wind

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
manuleka
Level 3
Level 3

projector output on my msi wind

Post by manuleka » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:53 am

i'm trying to setup a projector as a secondary display output on my msi wind running linux mint 10.... can someone give me directions on how to set this up? i can only get the mirror display, but i want my laptop monitor on its native resolution where as projector on it own resolution

basically i wanna do stuff on my lap monitor while different display runs of projector

cheers
~ $ sudo convert "windows xp pro" >> "mint 14"

beefstu
Level 5
Level 5

Re: projector output on my msi wind

Post by beefstu » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:33 am

Take a look in "monitors" in the mint menu, otherwise, try pressing the relevant button on your laptop keyboards, e.g. mine is Fn+F4
Please go through the steps here when posting a question. Once your question has been resolved, edit the original question post and add [Solved] to the subject. Both of these will help others use the forum effectively.

manuleka
Level 3
Level 3

Re: projector output on my msi wind

Post by manuleka » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:29 pm

i have looked into monitors under preference, i don't think there's a function button for multiple monitor :(
~ $ sudo convert "windows xp pro" >> "mint 14"

Return to “Newbie Questions”