Battery status unavailable

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Old Marcus

Battery status unavailable

Post by Old Marcus »

Hey guys, got a few problems with Linux Mint 10 on a HP Pavilion dv7 4020-sa.

The main problem is that the battery status is unavailable at any time, with the indicator merely telling me it is 'estimating' and does so forever more. If there is a fix for this, great, if not, I'll report this as a bug.

My more minor problem is the subwoofer appearing not to work, as sound is more tinny on Mint than on Win 7. This is a minor issue though, but if there is a fix that would be great.

As for other issues reported with this line of laptops, I have the touchpad working, mostly, and the wireless working with the latest drivers from Broadcom. So, two down, two to go.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jesica

Re: Battery status unavailable

Post by jesica »

right click on you're panel
choose the add to panel button, and search for the battery status button to add
jesica

Post by jesica »

maybe have a look here for the subwoofer problem

http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showthread. ... 861&page=2
Old Marcus

Post by Old Marcus »

Right, the battery applet for docky reports the amount left, accurately as far as I can tell, but the battery appindicator doesn't.

Unfortunately the solution for the subwoofer had no effect, as it doesn't appear to be recognised in the first place.

Return to “Beginner Questions”