Curious questions...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kona0197
Level 1
Level 1

Curious questions...

Post by kona0197 »

I'm thinking about switching to Mint. as such I have a few questions...

Can the "Celena" on the menu button be changed to read something else like "Menu" or better yet can the original three GNOME menus be restored?

As for the boot up graphics can they be disabled? Everyone says they are pretty but I don't like them...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

manishk wrote:
kona0197 wrote:Can the "Celena" on the menu button be changed to read something else like "Menu"
Yes
good manishk but maybe kona0197 would like to know how? :roll:

Right-click on MintMenu then choose Preferences and you will be able to change parameters including its name :wink: (you can be interesting in the subfolders also)
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)

Return to “Beginner Questions”