Is there a way to make Linux Mint look like Windows 7?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Phantom Tiger

Is there a way to make Linux Mint look like Windows 7?

Post by Phantom Tiger »

Was wondering if there is a way to make Linux Mint look like Windows 7. Found this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T-7BEJpwcI

Is it legit and safe? Also, is there a way to change the font style in Mozilla Firefox on Linux Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
louie1961

Re: Is there a way to make Linux Mint look like Windows 7?

Post by louie1961 »

Here's a script that purports to do what is done in that video. I have not tested it to see if it is safe.

http://ubuntu.sun.ac.za/index.php?title=W7_Theme

As far as legality, why not? So long as the theme is not using any icons, etc., that may be subject to the windows license/EULA, I don't see an issue. Again, YMMV, I have not tested this theme to verify where the parts come from.
Phantom Tiger

Post by Phantom Tiger »

PROBLEM SOLVED: Thank you louie1961 for your assistance. :D
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Phantom Tiger wrote:Was wondering if there is a way to make Linux Mint look like Windows 7. Found this video on YouTube:
HaHa!...

No, nothing I have ever wondered about
  • When I need windows OS, I use a windows OS..
Phantom Tiger

Post by Phantom Tiger »

Well, what I was referring to were the fonts used in Windows for internet surfing.
colyn

Post by colyn »

Phantom Tiger wrote:Was wondering if there is a way to make Linux Mint look like Windows 7.
Install and use Windows..

I can't for the life of me help but wonder why someone would switch to Linux but want Windows or the garbage Windows look..
Phantom Tiger

Post by Phantom Tiger »

As I've mentioned to DrHu, I was referring to a less strain on the eyes font to use for internet browsing... Please bare with me, as I am new to Linux... Anyways, someone else showed me that Tahoma would be good to use. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to get the Tahoma font downloaded for my Linux Mint? Thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”