can't play my dvd

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
soni1086

can't play my dvd

Post by soni1086 »

Any player I use, or if I try to copy/rip the dvd I get the similar error and i.e. something like "could not read the resource". All my commercial dvds play very well, except this one. Its a newly bought one. This annoying error just doesn't go, no matter what forums I visit, what methods I try.

When I try playing my dvd, it plays only till the menu screen and after that either nothing happens or the same error appears.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: can't play my dvd

Post by Aging Technogeek »

If the problem is only with the one DVD and not with all or most DVDs, it is probably a bad DVD and not the fault of the player.

The other possibility is that you accidentally bought a DVD that your hardware is not capable of playing, such as a Blu-ray DVD which will not play on a standard DVD player.

Return to “Beginner Questions”