Email client with "sign in - sign out"

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kvv

Email client with "sign in - sign out"

Post by kvv »

Is there an email client available where I can safely "sign in" and "sign out"? It's because, at work and at home, I occasionally share my computer with other people. I don't want someone else to intentionally or unintentionally read my mail without my knowledge. It doesn't have to be a high feature client, I want to mainly use it as a backup for my mail, in case Gmail goes down for whatever reason.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BopNiblets

Re: Email client with "sign in - sign out"

Post by BopNiblets »

You could create user accounts for the people you share with and then just log off when away from the computer?

I don't use it but just launching Thunderbird there shows a "Remember password" checkbox when you add an email account, just leave that unchecked and it should ask you to login when you open it.
kvv

Post by kvv »

BopNiblets wrote: I don't use it but just launching Thunderbird there shows a "Remember password" checkbox when you add an email account, just leave that unchecked and it should ask you to login when you open it.
Tried it. This doesn't work for some reason. :\ People can still read my mail.
BopNiblets

Post by BopNiblets »

Try go into the Preferences and Security tab and delete your password if it's in there remembered?

Otherwise you could separate your user accounts on Mint itself instead of all logging into one account, divide and conquer! :)
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

Personally I use Evolution mail, it is a bit heavy, but its main function is security, just remember to not check remember passwords in any email client during setup.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Zimbra Desktop.

Return to “Beginner Questions”