GDM Theme

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Hawkpaw
Level 1
Level 1

GDM Theme

Post by Hawkpaw »

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to change the look of my login screen, and I can't figure it out. Every tutorial tells me to access the "Login Screen" from Menu --> Administration, but all it gives me is this:

So can someone help me figure it out? I really want to install this new login screen.

EDIT: I'm using the GNOME version, though I plan to switch to KDE soon, so advice on both versions is helpful.
ThistleWeb
Level 5
Level 5

Re: GDM Theme

Post by ThistleWeb »

I did a screencast on customising the GDM login screen a few days back http://thistleweb.co.uk/screencast
Crivens!
SimonTS
Level 6
Level 6

Post by SimonTS »

proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Post by proxima_centauri »

Hawkpaw wrote: Every tutorial tells me to access the "Login Screen" from Menu --> Administration, but all it gives me is this:
The advice above should be sufficient, but I just want to add that the tutorials you are likely following refer to versions of GDM <2.28. From 2.28 onward, GDM has been less theme-able to the extent it was in the past.

Return to “Newbie Questions”