No SOUND with Linux Mint 10 LXDE on an Emachines 250 netbook

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
awweeks
Level 1
Level 1

No SOUND with Linux Mint 10 LXDE on an Emachines 250 netbook

Post by awweeks »

I installed mint 10 lxde besides windows 7 from the version downloaded via torrent. I loaded it to my usb drive. When i tried to access sound settings they were greyed out. I tried going into everything that had to do with sound and nothing worked. Can someone tell me how i can get the sound back? And also can i get someone to tell me what graphical interface can i use like when you access start on windows to load on the mint and how it is done. Please tell me on the sound if i need to download a driver how i get it and how is it installed as i am a very novice to linux anything. Thankyou and may God bless!
Edward.H
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No SOUND with Linux Mint 10 LXDE on an Emachines 250 net

Post by Edward.H »

You may try to complete shut down(DON'T JUST REBOOT) the computer and then boot Linux Mint.

Reason: Reboot from Windows is NOT mean shut down the computer what may cause the sound driver will not be loaded correctly.
awweeks
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No SOUND with Linux Mint 10 LXDE on an Emachines 250 net

Post by awweeks »

I have the option when i first turn on the netbook for which mint 10 recovery or full to start as well as windows 7. I choose full mint 10 by itself and there is no sound. Is this what you suggested? Also is there a way for me to download the sound part without downloading the full version again and if there is a driver issue i am missing please let me know how to install. Also what mint graphics option looks like when you press start on windows 7 and how do i download that part. Please help as i like this distro of linux. May God bless thankyou!

Return to “Newbie Questions”