Language Selector Common error [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MohsinShah

Language Selector Common error [SOLVED]

Post by MohsinShah »

Hi,

Please can someone let me know what do to about the following error that comes up when installing Gnome player or Movie Player updates to play WMV files?

Error message is "E: language-selector-common: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

E: language-selector: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured"

This also comes up when trying to install all the codecs of the main version.

I'm currently using Linux Mint full main version 10 and have also attached a screenshot.

Many Thanks
Mohsin Shah
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
conslie

Re: Language Selector Common error

Post by conslie »

One set of updates to those modules failed to get installed correctly due to a missing dependency. A bit later the Update Manager included those two along with the other libraries needed, thus repairing the system.
MohsinShah

Post by MohsinShah »

Hi,

Many Thanks for the quick response, does this mean that the issue is now resolved or will I need to do anything?

BTW, I have just tried to install Totem Media player and still get the same error message.

Many Thanks
Mohsin Shah
conslie

Post by conslie »

If running the Update Manager again now does not correctly configure those two modules, I am at a loss. I got the exact error just doing the standard update early yesterday, and then a later update provided the fix.

If you haven't run Update Manager recently, give that a try and see if it works for you as it did for me.
MohsinShah

Post by MohsinShah »

Hi,

Many Thanks for the Reply, that has resolved the issue.

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier.

Many Thanks
Mohsin Shah

Return to “Beginner Questions”