HELP - Error on installing LinuxMint11 on Netbook

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
MichiruKaioh
Level 1
Level 1

HELP - Error on installing LinuxMint11 on Netbook

Post by MichiruKaioh »

Thanks for replying so quickly - it is a Gateway NAV 50 netbook that had Windows 7 Starter on it, but it does not have an OS on it presently, except for the partial installation of Linux Mint.

Currently it is stuck on "mount: mounting/dev/sda1 on /cdrom failed: Invalid argument
stdin: error 0.

The netbook doesn't have a CDROM drive, I was using a USB drive to boot Linux Mint initially and for the installation.

Does this help?

Hi,

I apologize if I am posting a silly question, I am a newbie to Linux. I tried installing Linux Mint on my netbook from a USB and it booted fine, but half way into the installation it froze. I restarted the computer and it keeps spitting out error messages:

udevd[71] worker: [76] unexpectedly returned with status 0x100
yswcs[711]: worker [76] failed while handling '/devices/pci0000:00/0000"001f.2....etc etc
udevd[71] worker: [79] unexpectedly returned with status 0x100

What do I do? Please help!

Thank you!
Last edited by MichiruKaioh on Mon May 30, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamS
Level 5
Level 5

Re: HELP - Error on installing LinuxMint11 on Netbook

Post by AdamS »

Going to need more detail bud.

Hardware ?

Netbook ?

detail on errors

etc.
Proud owner of a 99.5 % Linux based Pc - laptop - netbook - tablet - networking business.
Do your self a favor, stop paying for imperfection. Once you know Linux, you never go back.

willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Re: HELP - Error on installing LinuxMint11 on Netbook

Post by willie42 »

Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.

Return to “Newbie Questions”