...PC suite not recognized on mint using nokia x6 phone...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sabresofparadise

...PC suite not recognized on mint using nokia x6 phone...

Post by sabresofparadise »

...gosh...can't get mint to recognize my nokia phone X6 using PCSuite via my usb cable...no recognition in linux...is there a way to sort this or am i just stuck with it...thanks for any help...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rob2uk

Re: ...PC suite not recognized on mint using nokia x6 phone.

Post by rob2uk »

...how are you installing PC Suite on Linux? It's a Windows application.
sabresofparadise

...sigh...ok...bare with me this is a nightmare...but i really am trying...my phone is not recognized by mint at all...no music, photo, videos...when i connect my phone to mint via usb...worked beautifully on windows via pc suite...but not at all on linux...how do i get linux to recognize my nokia x6 phone. via usb..when i want to download pics,,,podcasts...videos ...music...is there an alternative to pc suite on mint...why does it have to be so hard...on a 'superior' Os...for people that have no knowledge at all about computers programming or the rest...it really is a struggle...
rob2uk

Post by rob2uk »

Have you tried xgnokii?

run the following in terminal to install:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install xgnokii
sabresofparadise

...ok thanks will try that...sorry bout the rant...love linux but I have sooo much too learn...
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

cant do anything with my samsung either .xgnokii is not compatible, always likes samsung but wont be getting another when its time to replace it
sabresofparadise

tried gnokii flashes up on my desktop then disappears into the darkness...who knows where or why...so here i am still unable to connect my nokia phone via a usb cable and download music which is a strange irony as I am sure one of the fathers of Linux is Finnish, and Nokia are Finnish,,,seems my nokia finnished to...

Return to “Beginner Questions”