iPod Touch

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paulstu

iPod Touch

Post by paulstu »

OK...

I have read every thread on the web to solve this. I departed from Ubuntu as this was where it all started.

The usual Dbus error when trying to mount my iPod.
When I used the live Mint disk it was all great - so I installed - now it's refusing to mount again.

Using an Aspire 1 D255E - and all was good a few weeks ago

Please help before I go pop......
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Calib

Re: iPod Touch

Post by Calib »

Surprise!!! Your still using Ubuntu if your not using Mint Debian.

This may help.... check out the Synaptic Package Manager and type: ipod mount in your search.

With the default repositories in Mint 9 (GNOME 2.30.2) , I see 3 choices... I'd check all 3, apply, if I was you, and reboot... and see how that works.

Good Luck!
paulstu

Post by paulstu »

Thank!

Nope : (
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmcenery/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libimobiledevice2
paulstu

Post by paulstu »

TBABill wrote:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmcenery/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libimobiledevice2
Nope..!
As I say - done all the usual. Odd thing is the way it works on live CD but NOT installed OS...
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

That is strange. I just took those steps and it was working, but buggy. What I found worked best for me was to open Rythmbox first, then plug the IPod in and then it would be seen by Rhythmbox. If I already had it mounted but did not have Rbox open, it never saw the device.

Hopefully someone has had an issue like yours and will come along with better ideas.
Calib

Post by Calib »

Here is an idea you might want to toy with.... how about a Mint Frugal Install?

Use the LiveCD as your OS on your hard drive.

Google'ing around... found this:

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/171

Return to “Beginner Questions”