Passwords ???? Xbox 360 ????

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
smittie46
Level 1
Level 1

Passwords ???? Xbox 360 ????

Post by smittie46 »

I am fairly new to linux went threw my distros and ended up staying with linux mint but my question is, Is there a way to stop putting my password in almost everything I do for me I dont like that yet! Anyway to drop the number of times I must retype my password. Also if thats what I have to do to keep from being infected or crashing or anything I guess I better get use to it, Also is there a Linux App for your Xbox 360 like the Windows Media Center, if I could port my videos to xbox with linux I dont think I would need Windozs anymore and would love to dive in without the need for another O.S I have goggled and came up with nothing I wanted or understood,I believe in my search I was missing a key word or phrase but I couldnt come up with it so anyone's Help will be greatly appreciated Thank you
xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Passwords ???? Xbox 360 ????

Post by xenopeek »

You need only enter your password for administrative tasks, like updates or changing settings that affect the system. After installation this is indeed quite often as you finish setup and tweak the system to your preferences, but for normal day to day use you will hardly need your password.
smittie46
Level 1
Level 1

Post by smittie46 »

I have just found another thread on here and I swear I looked all night for one,Excuse my double question Thank you Im learning, yes and it was after installing and Thanks I dont know how I missed that post Excuse me again and Thanks
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Post by proxima_centauri »

You can use uShare to stream media to your xbox360. Below is some documentation.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xbox3 ... figuration
smittie46
Level 1
Level 1

Post by smittie46 »

orry for long Thank you but I have been there ever since Thank you

Return to “Newbie Questions”