can not install mobile modem

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
Robbhc
Level 1
Level 1

can not install mobile modem

Post by Robbhc »

I have just installed Mint 8 from a disk I found in an old Linux mag, I have a mobile modem, but the mint8 program will not install it. So I can not go online to update the OS. when I use the auto install I get a message telling me that it can not find the "install.exe".
I have tried to manual install, however, I live in East Timor (Timor Leste) and it is not listed on your country area.

Can anyone help me install my modem?

:?:
SimonTS
Level 6
Level 6

Re: can not install mobile modem

Post by SimonTS »

Unfortunately Mint 8 is no longer a supported version, so you will find great problems getting updates for it. You would be much better off downloading and installing either Mint 9 LTS (for the longer support) or give Mint 10 / 11 a try.
However, if you tell us the exact make and model of your device then we will see if we can point you in the right direction.

Return to “Newbie Questions”