secondlife issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nankura

secondlife issue

Post by nankura »

hey guys

im trying to run the secondlife singularity viewer, i prefer it, it has a linux client just fine and worked on fedora, i have graphics drivers, all that stuff, its mint10 64 bit

ive tried making a launcher to the folder/singularity.sh and when i click it , nothing happens

so i tried the terminal and i got this
Running from /home/nankura/Downloads/secondlife
./singularity: line 87: ./register_secondlifeprotocol.sh: Permission denied
./singularity: line 122: bin/singularity-do-not-run-directly: Permission denied
*** Bad shutdown. ***
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wyrdoak

Re: secondlife issue

Post by wyrdoak »

In the file permissions, have you checked the box "allow executing file as program"?
nankura

Post by nankura »

ok i managed to get past the permissions issue

now im stuck with

Running from /home/nankura/Downloads/secondlife
bin/singularity-do-not-run-directly: error while loading shared libraries: libtcmalloc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
*** Bad shutdown. ***

i had this similiar issue with fedora. and did a yum provides "filename"
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Roken »

sudo apt-get install libtcmalloc-minimal0
Kernel Linux Tex 5.12.14-zen1-1-zen, XFCE
Arch
Dual GTX1070 8Gb
AMD Ryzen 1800X
32Gb RAM
nankura

Post by nankura »

hm, it installed just fine but it still states the same error

i just remembered that on fedora i also had to get the KDE4 Libs. ive managed to fix the libmattoc by renaming a certain file in the directory, but i have a feeling even if it doesnt error about it that i need the KDE4 libs since i did in fedora, the viewer i think is built using some of kde's tools

but i cant remember what KDE4 libs exactly i needed

Return to “Beginner Questions”