Dropbox do not launch

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thorbs

Dropbox do not launch

Post by thorbs »

I have installed dropbox on lmde 64 . But it does not launch.

Any suggestions?

t.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ThistleWeb

Re: Dropbox do not launch

Post by ThistleWeb »

Dropbox in the repos is just an installer, you have to run the installer after that so that it runs through the wizard, downloads the binary files and syncs an account to it.
thorbs

Post by thorbs »

I understand. I install the dropbox installer with synaptics. Then it puts a dropbox icon in my internet menu. But when I run it, nothing happens.

t.
thorbs

Post by thorbs »

Shoul I put this post in the lmde forum?
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

I can't remember exactly, but try opening a terminal and typing dropbox. It will give you some feedback. I believe

Code: Select all

dropbox -i
will run the installer, although it may need sudo to run as root. This should give you a Windows style wizard on which type of Dropbox account, the account name / password, location of Dropbox folder and whether to start at login.

Return to “Beginner Questions”