Slow and no Internet on AAO using Mint 11

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Slow and no Internet on AAO using Mint 11

Post by KBD47 »

I think others have had this problem, but I've not come across a fix yet. The problem is I can go for hours, even days with no Internet connection problems, but then it will get slow and no connections even though it shows my wi-fi is connected it cannot pull up web pages. I've used Opera, Chrome, and Firefox--makes no difference, still slow or no connect. I've used Ubuntu 11.04 as well as Mint 11 and exact same problem. I have two other computers both working fine on wi-fi and ethernet while my computer is stuck trying to load pages. My computer is an Aspire One d255e. If there is a simple fix for this I'd love to hear it. Any help appreciated.
KBD47
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Slow and no Internet on AAO using Mint 11

Post by KBD47 »

More info:

01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Atheros Communications AR8152 v1.1 Fast Ethernet [1969:2060] (rev c1)
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 1000 [8086:0083]
Examiner

Post by Examiner »

Me, too. I am also a newbie, and experiencing the exact same problem, as of yesterday, 9-12-2011. Will watch for "help" replies... :wink:
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

I'm suspecting this is something about Mint. Since I recently quit using Mint I've had no problems, but as soon as I tried Mint LXDE recently the wireless got slow and buggy again. Went back to regular Ubuntu, and tried several Puppy Linux flavors and no wireless trouble. I don't know what they add or take away regarding the wireless when it comes to Mint, but I'm very curious.
KBD47

Return to “Beginner Questions”