64-bit Mint 11.04 login sound [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
pvbrandes
Level 1
Level 1

64-bit Mint 11.04 login sound [SOLVED]

Post by pvbrandes »

Greetings, I'm a new convert to Mint from Windows and have a very minor disappointment with the login in chime not sounding when I login. It did work fine for some time, and still works fine on another user's account, but no longer sounds when I (the admin.) login. The Startup Applications lists are exactly the same on both user's accounts. I would greatly appreciate some guidance to try locating the conflict. Thank you.
Last edited by pvbrandes on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 64-bit Mint 11.04 login sound

Post by xenopeek »

Go look in Menu -> Control Center -> Sound. Is the Sound theme still "Linux Mint"?
pvbrandes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pvbrandes »

Thank you for your response. Yes, Sound prefs. > Sound theme is set to LinuxMint. And I do get a logout ping. I just no longer get the login chime. It's not a deal breaker for me to go running back to Windows, but I did enjoy the welcome sound of the chime. I would guess that something I've installed is interfering with it. Is there a program I could install that could list the various software, as it loads after login?
pvbrandes
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pvbrandes »

I just discovered my newbie operator error. I had the volume turned down to low on the Sound Prefs > Alert volume. :D
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

pvbrandes wrote:I just discovered my newbie operator error. I had the volume turned down to low on the Sound Prefs > Alert volume. :D
Dôh :D Well, at least you get street cred for solving it yourself :wink:

Return to “Newbie Questions”