How do I create an iso

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
3lud13

How do I create an iso

Post by 3lud13 »

Have a pile of files I would like to turn into an iso though cant seem to work out how to do it with mint normally I would use power iso in windows though doing my best to get away from windows.
Have furiusisomount installed and that does fine for mounting them but doesnt seem to be able to create them.
CUrrently going through the list trying different programs and stuff after googling didnt come up with any real answers so thought would find out what others use.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ThistleWeb

Re: How do I create an iso

Post by ThistleWeb »

In Brasero, it creates an iso if there is no disc present in the drive.
3lud13

Post by 3lud13 »

ThistleWeb wrote:In Brasero, it creates an iso if there is no disc present in the drive.
Oh ok honestly didnt even think of looking at burning software as I dont have a disc drive so dont exactly require it maybe here is an exetion
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

If you don't have a disc drive, why create an iso? An iso is a disc image, primarily designed to be burned to a disc.
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

3lud13 wrote:Have a pile of files I would like to turn into an iso though cant seem to work out how to do it with mint normally I would use power iso in windows though doing my best to get away from windows.
Have furiusisomount installed and that does fine for mounting them but doesnt seem to be able to create them.
CUrrently going through the list trying different programs and stuff after googling didnt come up with any real answers so thought would find out what others use.
Unless you plan to use the .iso in conjunction with software that can/will burn the .iso to a disc - I don't see any advantage to using the .iso format... I frequently store groups of files in a single file... I use ZIP - it works great, is almost a universal standard, and compresses the result to minimize disc space usage... ZIP comes with Mint "out of the box"... :D
Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
3lud13

Post by 3lud13 »

I normally use it to make files and whatnot ready to be burned to disc before sending them off to friends and whatnot who have requested stuff I dunno just what I have always used really and yeah not the biggest fan of zipped files myself so yeah
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

Acetoneiso is easy:

How to make ISO using AcetoneISO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAyCNgcsC8

Command line:

mkisofs -o final.iso -r /path/target

http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/mkisofs8.html

Return to “Beginner Questions”