mint 11 border/control problems

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

mint 11 border/control problems

Post by podagee »

Screenshot.png
okay i finally got the wireless on my mint 11 with ease.i figured out the easiest way to do it and ill be sharing it shortly....first off i want to know where my controls for each tab went?can someone please tell me
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: mint 11 border/control problems

Post by remoulder »

Please read the known issues for this release
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
karashata

Post by karashata »

Looks like Metacity or Compiz (whichever window manager you were using) crashed... If you have a terminal open, you could try running 'metacity --replace &' or 'compiz --replace &' to relaunch the window manager and bring the window frames back, otherwise you will probably need to log out and log back in again.

It's a known issue that Compiz (the default window manager) likes to crash a lot, there's a PPA available here that will replace the buggy version (0.9.4) of Compiz with the more stable older version (0.8.6), if you have your heart set on using Compiz, otherwise it's suggested to just remove it and use Metacity.

[EDIT] If you choose to downgrade Compiz, there's a helpful article here that you can follow to make sure you do it right.

[EDIT the 2nd] There's also a thread post here that you may be interested in, it may solve your problem without resorting to downgrading Compiz (if you're hesitant to do so).
podagee

Post by podagee »

thanks yeah it was the compiz as soon as i tried rotating the cube it went off.logging out and back in didnt work.just did a reinstall.uninstalled compiz and everything is fine will check out the stable compiz thanks guys
podagee

Post by podagee »

thanks the compiz is working perfectly
karashata

Post by karashata »

Glad to help!

Return to “Beginner Questions”